Friday 16 February 2018

Poor DB!

Having gone outside to shut the boot lid, he was back quickly, clutching his heavily bleeding head. Yep, he had pulled the boot lid down and forgotten to get his head out the way, ouch!

Nurse me kicked into action. A wodge of paper towels were quickly applied, a chair provided as he had gone white, and he was told to sit and apply pressure to the cut, whilst I washed my hands and got ready for action.

After a few minutes, it was checked, still bleeding. New paper towels folded and more pressure whilst I got saline and cleansing pads soaked.

Bleeding slowing down so began to clean, which of couse sets the bleeding off again. Towel applied to catch the mess, more pressure applied. Eventually 3 cleans and pressures later, it had slowed enough for a good look.

A 1” cut looked back at me. Probably needed steristrips but no stitches required and I didn’t have steristrips anyway:(

A double wound dressing pad applied and taped as best I could trying to avoid hair. Paracetamol given, a spoon of honey and a cup of tea plus the final pain au chocolat.

There was me thinking I wouldn’t have anything to write about today!


23 comments:

  1. Oh no, poor thing. But I bet DB was happy to have a Florence Nightingale on hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As he is always quoting to me, no such thing as a mistake, only experience gained, he won’t be doing it again, hopefully!

      Delete
  2. Ouch, that sounds very painful and upsetting for both of you but how efficient you were. Very impressive.
    I hope he's recovering now.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enough to think about chopping some logs soon!

      Delete
  3. Ouch! Hope he hasn't got too much of a headache. I like his take on 'mistakes'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit of an ache he says. He has always quoted that, quite true I think.

      Delete
  4. I did exactly that a couple of weeks ago ... but no blood just a cartoon style rising bump on the top of my head. I had to drive home from Tesco .... mostly saying 'ooch, ooh, ow' etc all the way home.

    Gosh I saw stars. I kept asking myself 'How bl**dy long have I been closing boots not to know to get my head out of the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We changed cars recently and this one has particularly sharp corners to it!

      Delete
    2. Mine has rounded edges ... hence the bump but no blood I suspect :-)

      Delete
  5. Yikes! I hope he heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having banged my head in the car boot a couple of weeks ago I can exude muchly sympathy in your husbands direction x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any bump to the head seems very painful doesn’t it.

      Delete
  7. Ouch! Poor DB. I hope it heals swiftly. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No log chopping now as just looking down doing a jigsaw, he started bleeding again.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I had banged my head the previous day on a shelf but luckily it wasn’t sharp.

      Delete
  9. Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you were there and able to sort him out. We've now got a stock of steri strips in just in case after husband cut his hand and with blood thinners stopping the bleeding is a bit more tricky these days. Hopefully your husband on the mend now and enjoying the jigsaw. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blood thinners here as well hence the reluctance to stop bleeding.

      Delete
  10. My OH does stuff like that to his head all the time!! He says it's because he's got no hair to cushion the blows!! He keeps a stash of steristrips 'just in case' of accidents. Hope DB has stopped bleeding now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no. That's not clever! Good job you were on hand to mend him..... x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.