Monday 15 August 2016

GLADIATORIAL

That is the only way to describe the Olympic tennis final! Points won and lost continually by both players.

Andy Murray eventually won and is now double Olympic Champion, the only tennis player to do so and also, he has done it consecutively, a double piece of history.

John Inverdale has been slammed in the press for mentioning this unique win, but he is quite correct. Yes the Williams sisters have won 4 gold medals but only one gold in singles, the rest were in doubles!

2 comments:

  1. I don't watch the Olympics (really) but I have watched the cycling and the first hour of last nights final before I had to go to bed. Hubby came to bed at eleven thirty and told me it was still going on. Its a shame its was delayed due to the medal ceremonies and people missed the opportunity to watch it live. I know my grandson was looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How brilliant that was and definitely good enough to post it 3 times over!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.