Wednesday 22 July 2015

New Shampoo Update

Remember the other day, I mentioned trying another SLS free shampoo here

I have now tried the second one mentioned twice. The shampoo I chose was Herbal SLS Free Shampoo with Organic Aloe Vera & Jojoba. I also decided to try out their conditioner and chose Olive & Jojoba Conditioner with Organic Aloe, Shea Butter & Provitamin B5 - scented.

I cannot begin to tell you how much better this shampoo is. There is no tackiness, heaviness or a weird feeling after shampooing or combing through after drying with a towel. I did use the conditioner as well for the first wash, but didn't leave it on for the recommended 2 - 5 minutes, just applied it, massaged it in and rinsed out.

However, even before using the conditioner, my hair was soft and lovely, no weirdness about it at all. On the second shampoo, I didn't use the conditioner and my brush still went through in the same manner and now dry, it is soft and shiny although probably slightly less so than when I used the conditioner.

I guess you pay your money and take your chance with these SLS free and or Paraben free products.

The shampoo was cheaper than the first one mentioned, smells just as gorgeous, not much required, around a 10p piece size, foams well, feels lovely in use. I used even less of the conditioner.

The only drawback I can see is its shelf life. Once opened you have to use it within 3 - 6 months as all ingredients are fresh. I have decided to store mine in the fridge, you don't have to. No doubt, it will all be used up in time.

Just to be on the safe side, I have written the opening date on both bottles which will also come in handy as a guide for how long it lasts.

4 comments:

  1. I normally use baby shampoo but am interested in cutting out unnecessary chemicals so will be trying this out. My scalp is sensitive and will flake and itch at the slightest provocation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My itchiness has just about gone but I still have a slightly dry scalp so shall try and sort that out next.

      Delete
  2. Very interested in how you got on with these shampoos, I tried a couple which left my hair feeling like straw xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.