Thursday 5 February 2015

Now you see it...

First of all, welcome to Lana Brooks and Sarah Ewing via Bloglovin.

When DS came for a few days between Christmas and New Year, he brought his dog Miss M. with him. Trying to give him a lay in, DB was up before me and let her out first thing in the morning. Then I got up to be told she had gone to the toilet in the front room.

Poor her, she was as flat as a pancake when I walked in, bowing down in her misery. I simply said naughty girl. There is no point in shouting at her and telling her off after the event, as she won't know what she is being told off for.

Anyway DB had dried as much up as he could, then we tackled it with some home made spray to try and remove the slight smell, then dried the area again.

A couple of weeks later we noticed this mark appear:
Presumably back up from the underlay although people we know with dogs who have had a wee on the carpet, hadn't seen this sort of mark before:)

Anyway, as we had tried a carpet shampoo spray and it hadn't worked very well, we opted instead to purchase a mini steamer, which does several things that we will need it for, including a carpet spot remover.

I have to admit, we were sceptical but here is the proof:
Much cheaper than getting the carpet cleaned and we now know it works. We sprayed on the steam, scrubbed, dried then repeated. Lovely jubbley! This link shows the one we got from
Here But we got it cheaper than that.

12 comments:

  1. I bought a handheld steamer lat year, mainly for cleaning rabbit stuff, it's excellent for that purpose. If I never clean anything else with it, to get their lino and rugs fresh and clean it will have been worth the outlay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. We shall start using it in earnest on each room in the house, where we think it will work the best and see what happens!

      Delete
  2. We changed downstairs for wood floors and it was the right decision as our second baby could puke ten foot (sorry to be gross) and did it six times a day until we weamed her. We did use a steam cleaner at our last place and it saved us changing a couple of carpets so was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good change wasn't it. I thought DS was bad enough having to wear a bib all the time!

      Delete
  3. We have a steamer also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't need ours for floors so went with a small one, they are great aren't they?

      Delete
  4. I bought a steamer 18 months ago. It has been fantastic! I use it on the hard floors downstairs, carpets and rugs, but it's also great for grout and mould, cleaning tiles and shower screens and toilets. I did start to use it on the gas hob, but got a bit bored so only have half clean! No chemicals either, which always makes me feel more virtuous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No chemicals is what steered us towards one.

      Delete
  5. I have a steamer a big one for floors and a little one (which I got free with the big one) for other smaller jobs, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DS and FDiL have a bigger one so we thought we would give a small one a go.

      Delete
  6. I also have a similar steamer. I usually clean my oven with it from time to time. Amazing results are had with this devise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one wasn't so good on the oven lining but cleaned the shelves really well.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.