Tuesday 25 November 2014

Frugal Liquid Revisited...

You can find my link on how to make frugal laundry liquid here
I have brought it up to date regarding this extra step.

Always ready to sort out any tiny problems using home made laundry liquid, I decided yesterday to do something different towards the end in an effort to keep it as a liquid rather than a solid gel! Now you probably all do this but I have only just realised it is a step I really needed to do.

Why? Well, if you pour the liquid into your storage containers as soon as it is done (less than 5-10 minutes by the way from start to finish), it has a tendency to set in the bottle making it a little difficult to get out properly.

Here is the batch from yesterday, made and still in its finished liquid state:
After an hour or so it had set into a semi-firm gel:
So I got my electric hand blender, you could use an electric whisk or a decent sized hand whisk:
After a few minutes it had turned back into a liquid and it was decanted into my storage ex-milk cartons. I always leave a gap at the top for shaking to re-distribute the essential oils:
There was just a slight problem with this, the lavender was okay (20 drops of essential oil into each bottle as it was being poured in) but unfortunately, I picked up Tea Tree instead of Lemon-grass oil!

I have just checked it before posting this and it is now more of a liquid and easier to decant, glad I decided to do this.




2 comments:

  1. If my family weren't sensitive I would make some, but the only thing we can use is Persil non bio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to make this liquid myself, and it is sooo much cheaper than buying. You've reminded me that I need to make some myself. Thank you. Woo xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.